[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Thu Dec 30 12:49:10 PST 2004

You know, you guys should not be getting so het up about this...
regional differenced can be extremely localized.

As a example, where I grew up, everyone called a sub/hoagie/poboy
type sandwich a "wedge".
Then I moved only two towns away, and wound up with everyone
looking at me strangely whenever I ordered a "meatball wedge".

Turns out that that usage is limited to two or three towns in the
Stamford CT area. But where I was (Riverside/Cos Cob) the wedge
usage was generations old and nearly ubiquitous among the natives.

So it is possible that you are both right, and that the mango
usage was something in rather isolated pockets.

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Cyber Seas

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery