[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 14:57:38 PST 2004

--- kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

> Also from this week's Food Reference Ezine -
> Christianna
>

> AN UPDATE ON MANGOS AND GREEN PEPPERS
>
> GREEN PEPPERS AND MANGOS
>      The word ‘mango’ is used in some areas to refer to green peppers or
> stuffed green peppers.

Well...let's have the goods!  If there is a source for the misconception, and the author has it
(apparently), then why not divulge it?

I have over 700 cookbooks at my home, some dating back as far as the mid 1800's (well, reprints of
those books, anyway), and I have never seen a Bell Pepper referred to as a Mango.  Nor have I seen
a recipe for 'Green Pepper Mangoes' (though I would love to have one!!!).

I'm thinking this is a very, very localized usage.... or I'm just not reading the right books.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.