[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 30 17:46:44 PST 2004

Here is his contact information:

Food Reference Newsletter  ISSN 1535-5659
James T Ehler (Publisher & Editor)
3920 S Roosevelt Blvd
Suite 209 South
Key West, Florida 33040
E-mail: james at foodreference.com   Phone: (305) 296-2614
Food Reference WebSite: http://www.foodreference.com

Well...let's have the goods!  If there is a source for the misconception,
and the author has it
(apparently), then why not divulge it?

I have over 700 cookbooks at my home, some dating back as far as the mid
1800's (well, reprints of those books, anyway), and I have never seen a Bell
Pepper referred to as a Mango.  Nor have I seen a recipe for 'Green Pepper
Mangoes' (though I would love to have one!!!).
I'm thinking this is a very, very localized usage.... or I'm just not
reading the right books.
William de Grandfort