[Sca-cooks] stomach cringe vs BOTULISM

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 30 18:30:17 PST 2004

> Clutching your stomach the next day could have been
> the least of your worries. Botulism can kill if you
> are compromised in any way. It is possible that
> bringing the odorous mess up to a temp of 165' might
> have made it safe, but probably NOT palatable.
> BB
> Lothar

Ok, but botulism is only ANerobic. Turkey parts in water, while
definitely likely to give you food poisioning-- anything from salmonella
up-- would be unlikely to give you botulism because the environment
isn't anerobic enough.

Not that other kinds of food poisioning can't kill, of course.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_