[Sca-cooks] Turkey Defrosting?

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 31 18:08:56 PST 2004

Defrosting under tepid (70 degrees or so) RUNNING water is the method you
are looking for here.  If the sink is busy, use the bathtub (a suggestion
that grossed out my students - obviously they've never had to cook for an
event before!).  Place the turkey in a suitably large container, a 5 gallon
plastic bucket for example, with the plastic still on, and run water over it
so that it continually runs over the side.  It doesn't have to be on full
force, just enough to keep the water moving.
Christianna