[Sca-cooks] chorizo

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at jeffnet.org
Sun Feb 1 01:52:16 PST 2004

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Which reminds me I have a package of the spanish stuff in my
> refrigerator,

Got a paella pan? :)

I made a "Mexican" style chorizo last week, although I was a little low
on chili powder for the recipe, and it was for 1 lb of meat, while I had
a 1.13 lb package of meat. The heat was there, but took some time to get
rolling. I tried cooking it several differnet ways:
cooked into scrambled eggs, with or without a topping of queso cheese;
filling a corn tortilla, topped with chopped tomatoes and queso cheese;
cutting the tortillas into fine strips, soaking in beaten eggs, and then
cooking into the chorizo, with more cheese
just plain cooked chorizo filling warm tortillas, topped with queso

Now I wonder how it would do in a chile con carne.

--
Edouard, Sire de Bruyerecourt
bruyere at jeffnet.org
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)