[Sca-cooks] chorizo

vhsjvs at gis.net vhsjvs at gis.net
Sun Feb 1 06:22:33 PST 2004

what about the Portuguese chorizo?  the kind they put in their kale
soup?  I have have many wonderful kale soups on Cape Cod where,
especially in Provincetown, there are many Portuguese families,
descendants of the first settlers who were fisherman.  I dont know how
it differs from the Spanish chorizo, tho.  My mother made the best
paella, often omitting the chorizo because she would not put some ersatz
supermarket brand.  She did once find the Portuguese Chorizo and put it
in the paella and it was divine.
Angharad

----- Original Message Follows -----