[Sca-cooks] RE Beets and backfiles was Beets was Vol 9, Issue 13

Martina C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Feb 3 16:11:50 PST 2004

Greetings all,

Not having Rumpolt at work, I went and hunted up the German on Thomas'
site.  It really does list 2 separate ingredients:

green salad that is small and young
AND
red beets that have been cooked, cooled, cut small and tossed over the
salad when it is prepared.

So perhaps green leafy things topped with cut up cooked red things?

my interpretation and zwei Pfennige worth

Gwen Cat

7. Gruen Salat/ der klein vnnd jung ist/ rote Ruben klein geschnitten/
vnd darueber geworffen/ wenn der Salat angemacht ist/ vnnd die rote
Ruben gesotten vnd kalt seyn.