[Sca-cooks] period shark, skate etc. recipes?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 13 21:36:00 PST 2004

Olwen commented:
> Skate, shark, etc need to be cooked because they are tough.
I remember that the Kon-Tiki expedition folks soaked the shark they
caught in salt water for 24 hours before cooking and eating it.

Do we have any recipes or other indication that the medieval folks ate
shark, skate or other similar fish? Since they show little evidence of
shying away from most sources of food I doubt they did here. But they
may not have tried to specifically catch these fish, either.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com