[Sca-cooks] lemon syrup

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Feb 16 06:54:01 PST 2004

Gah. Many years ago, when I first started making lemon syrup for the
dayboard for our 800 person event, there was a storm of protest on this
list to the idea of using reconstituted lemon juice (ReaLemon type) to
make the lemon syrup.

To be more authentic, I've made the lemon syrup for my upcoming feast (80
seats) from fresh lemons. 40 of them, made about 2 quarts of
syrup, which should make about 8-10 pitchers of lemon drink. The taste is
a little better/different, but not much.

Guys, with all due respect, if you are making lemon syrup for large
numbers and don't have several lemon trees in your backyard, reconstituted
Lemon juice works just fine, and it makes it possible to get enough lemon
drink for people!

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"But he's a human being and terrible things happen to him so attention
must be paid.... Attention, attention must finally be paid to such a
person."  -- Arthur Miller, _Death of a Salesman_