[Sca-cooks] Thanks, and OOP Cookbook

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Feb 18 18:29:52 PST 2004

My mother said to send her thanks along for the information on trhe Prickly
Pear and the Angustura bitters. She's now happliy playing with the Prickly
Pear, and has a brand new bottle of the bitters sitting on her kitchen
shelves.

However, it seems that she was at the Drs office a few days ago, discussing
her surgery in a couple months, and I'll let her tell the rest of the story
:

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Now, I am really in trouble. When I was in the doctor's office to get the
cortisone shots, I > had the opportunity to read some magazine, not but a
few months old, which
> mentioned a cookbook that I believe I could die for! The article I read
critiqued - and I > LOVE it! - a book published by the Smithsonian entitled
ONE FISH, TWO FISH,
> CRAWFISH, BLUEFISH: SMITHSONIAN SUSTAINABLE SEAFOOD COOKBOOK
> by Carole Baldwin & Julie Mounts. I would love to have a copy but I need
to know the
> price, plus the catalogue people at Smithsonian don't even know what I am
talking
> about. I think it is pretty new and I have been given a 202 # to call
"during working
> hours" so I may be aggravating you for nothing BUT.....IF....all of a
SUDDEN, all these > people get interested in a backhoe-type Doctor Sueuss
situation, there is no telling
> how quickly the dust will be blown off the dustjacket!!

If at all possible, I'd like to get it for hewr- not only is her birthday
coming up, but it would be a nice gift for her for post-op and rehab.
Anybody know anything about it?

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.