[Sca-cooks] knowledge on this list (was Food in "Cries of London")

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 23:44:09 PST 2004

Angharad declared:
> oh dear!  i WAS  not slighted at all!!! NOT AT ALL!  I was just feeling
> very humble before all the knowledge I see in this list.....you did not
> offend me or vex me or anything at all.  No one did!  It's jsut me
> coming down
> off my high arrogant horse and realizing how little I know when I
> thought I
> knew so much!!!
Before any of you start to take Angharad's comments at face value, let
me interject that this talented lady has cooked dinners for fifty
people before. Not SCA feasts, yet, but then she has only been playing
in the SCA for a few months. You folks that are headcooks or helping to
cook feasts in her area, might keep her in mind.

Angharad, *I've* never cooked an SCA feast. I don't expect to. The most
I've done is a Crown Luncheon. I suspect that you already have more
practical experience than a lot of folks on this list. We do have folks
of all experience levels here. I suspect there are many folks here who
have never cooked for a large group of people and who are just learning
about medieval food. It's just that the more experienced folks seem to
talk more and are more obvious.

Then there are those of us who talk a lot, but don't fall into that
experienced category... :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas