[Sca-cooks] knowledge on this list (was Food in "Cries of London")

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Thu Feb 26 06:16:14 PST 2004

Well, thank you, dear Stefan for you vote of confidence and words of
encouragement.

Indeed  I cooked a feast for my parents' 40th anniversary and ten years
later for their 50th, and each time the guest number was equival to the
anniversary year.  I must confess that in both cases, the feast was buffet
style rather than course following course.  My helpers for the 40th were my
daughter (then 8) and a friend of mine, and ten years later my daughter
again and my sister in law and another friend.

I think I mentioned before that my ex (the Malaysian) and I prepared an Eid
(end of Ramadan) feast for an open house some years ago.  I would say a
hundred people came thru our house that day!   He made Malaysian Satay, the
first batch of which we threw away cause he was not happy with it, and when
his male friends began to arrive , they manned the grill and kept the satay
coming....I made Moroccan couscous, moroccan tajine of preserved lemons and
olives, tajine of beef in prune, honey, and almond sauce, a mountain of
Israeli style salad which is easiest for self serve because all the veggies
are diced (onion, tomato, cuke, bell pepper, radish) but time consuming to
prepare, and gigantic fruit salad in the same style cause easy for self
serve: berries, apples, peaches, grapes and chopped mint (no melon, no
banana).

Thanks again, Stefan!
Angharad