[Sca-cooks] sausage can be fun...

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Feb 2 10:25:07 PST 2004

> Jadwiga--
>
> Would you take a look at the item at the link post below and tell me is this
> is what you are talking about?  I make sausage a lot, sometimes as much as
> 75 pounds at the time.  I agree with you, the Kitchenaid, which is a miracle
> worker for some things, is a killer for stuffing sausage.  If this is the
> gadget, and if it works as well as you say it does, I will own one before
> this week is out.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2592488153&category=25372

Hm... that's a different model than the one we used-- the one we used was
a rather old version of this:

http://www.sausagemaker.com/store/publish/cart/purchase1.asp?pid=1127&XPR=05800677076D0B6D056D0505800677076B0B69057005&Sess=&OSt=0&CNID=0185090387096C038804

However, I can't help wondering if the plunge-style one might be easier to
operate than the crank for us "Women [and Men] of Size", since we can put
our body English into it. The crank on the one we were using was a little
hard to turn-- but I have to admit that, both times I used a Kitchenaid--
and at least one was one that WASN'T held together with duct tape-- I put
more muscle into pushing the sausage into the little hopper on top than I
did cranking the older hand-cranked one!

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before you
break 'em." -- Terry Pratchett, _Thief of Time_