[Sca-cooks] sausage can be fun...

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 16:32:06 PST 2004

On 2 Feb 2004, at 12:49, Phlip wrote:

> Brighid, I'm not even going to ask why your Kitchenaid was held together
> with duct tape-

Not the whole machine, just the sausage funnels.  They cracked the day
before the event, so I did what any sensible SCAdian would do -- I got out the
duct tape.  The reason that the funnels cracked is because I was missing
the little plastic doohickey that holds the screw in place.  I didn't know it was
supposed to be there, and the directions were vague, so I left the cutting
blade in place.  The blade was touching the funnel lightly, and it lasted for
several batches before splitting open.  KitchenAid subsequently replaced the
sausage stuffer for free.

> it must have been an interesting battle, with interesting
> weaponry ;-)

The battle lasted well into the night, but we triumphed in the end.  (I use "we"
only in the loosest sense, since it was Jadwiga and my lord who were
actually fighting the good fight with the sausages.  I was making vast
numbers of peach pits.)

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net