[Sca-cooks] Beets and backfiles was Beets

Dani flannelbutch at poetworld.net
Mon Feb 2 10:32:05 PST 2004

Huette wrote:

>Although these are not English recipes, here are
>some period German recipes that call for beet
>roots of various types.

(snip)

> 7. Green salad/ that is small and young/ red
> beets cut small/ and tossed thereover/ when the
> salad is prepared/ and the red beets are
> cooked and cooled.

in my limited redacting experience, had I come across this recipe in
particular, I would have assumed it meant beet _greens_, since it is talking
about a green salad, and the reference to "red beets" being used here to
differentiate between the red and white varieties.

-Iuliana, curious to hear other opinions and thoroughly enjoying the beet
thread :)

"Who are you people?  Government agents or something?"
"No.  It's worse.  We're rampaging techno-capitalists.  Dilbert on steroids,
only classier, and with a much cuter dog."