[Sca-cooks] Hello again, and a request for an old recipe!!!

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 13:34:36 PST 2004

OHMYGOSH!  Are Walker's Stem Ginger Biscuits not the best things you have
ever eaten?!  I am down to one box, which I am trying to make last as long
as possible.  Next time I order half a dozen boxes.

I have thought about making them, too.  They are more like a regular sugar
cookie than shortbread (they have ingredients like leavening, milk and a
couple of syrups), but the idea of adding finely chopped candied ginger to
shortbread does sound worth trying.  Just what I need, another excuse to
bake.

Mairi Ceilidh

> I just had some Walker's Shortbread that had stem ginger in it.  It was
out of this world!  I suspect you could take candied ginger, chop it into
small pieces and mix it in with the dough.