OT Re: [Sca-cooks] Recent Test

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Feb 5 07:04:44 PST 2004

Also sprach Sue Clemenger:
>Here at home, I've just got software installed on my hard drive that
>I run.  Plus, my ISP has these amazing spam and virus filters....
>At work, the entire system (some 250 of us) runs a virus check on
>all computers in the building (excepting the programmers, who have
>their own, self-contained network) once a week.  They have all kinds
>of decoy computers and odd things in place--something, for instance,
>that automatically changes any .exe attachment to a text file.  I'm
>not sure what kind of server we have, although we do have "address
>books."
>--maire

Well, work-based LANs are a slightly different animal, I guess, but I
was basically wondering if, as it seems some viruses get through the
scans, people are checking their infected drives with infected
antivirus software, and if people who use things like Webmail
(Hotmail, etc., or even a Webmail page for your ISP, like mine at
Verizon, for when I'm away from my home computer), running machines
for which the address book file is on a web server someplace, had
similar problems...

Adamantius