[Sca-cooks] Recent Test

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Feb 5 09:33:44 PST 2004

Greetings folks,

Also sprach Debra Tonjes:
>Odd, I thought Master A was the Mac-Meister....
>
>*shrugs*
>
>Just included the name that was attached on the email, so everyone would
>know whose email to avoid.
>
>Althea
>
>>  Mark Harris, aka Stefan, does NOT have a virus- he runs a Mac.
>>  Saint Phlip,
I might be the culprit. I am forced to run a Windows 2000 box here at work. But since that virus was 'sent' from my work address, I don't think it was me since the recent spat of viruses seem to use the address book to forge both the sender and from address. However, I forced a download of the latest Norton antivirus packet in case the corporate updates aren't working and I'm running a test of my disk. So far it has run for 18 minutes and hasn't found anything.

My sincere appologies if my machine is infected. I often look at emails that I would otherwise avoid because of the unusual questions I often get asked because of the Florilegium. These folks are of all levels of expertise and some of the virus subjects lines can be real close to those used by these folks.

But I am currently getting 10 - 20 Mbytes of spam/virus/error messages from messages I didn't send *each* day. So, I sympathize. A large part of this is probably the fact that I have my email address plastered across the Florilegium and there isn't an easy way around that, so it is probably in a lot of places on the web and in folks' address books.

I'm perhaps a somewhat more vocal (on the subject) Mac-Meister. But
Stefan helped design my processor, I gather, so he presumably has far
more Meistery than I ;-) .

Adamantius
<<<<
On perhaps a small bit of Apple hardware, perhaps. For what Master A. is referring to, if you have any of the Apple G3 machines, with the exception of the laptops or the iMacs, there is a processor module inside the machine which contains the G3 processor, pair of high speed cache memory chips and some associated circuitry. ~60% of those came from Motorola and ~40% from IBM. If you have a Motorola unit, I designed that unit. About 4M units.

For many uses I happen to think the Mac paired with OS X is a superior product, although pricier than the similar Windows boxes. But I'm not quite as vocal about it as some. I run a pair of Macs at home out of choice and a PC at work because I'm forced to.

Stefan