[Sca-cooks] Recent Test

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Feb 10 02:23:44 PST 2004

At 02:14 AM 2/10/2004, you wrote:
> > I was talking 1971.  In cleaning, I just found a box of paper tape.
> >
> > Ranvaig *feeling my age*
>
>If it weren't for paper tape, I'd not know how to store my collection of
>fabric trims.
>*grin*
>
>Butterflies are Us,
>Hrothny
>(You all think you're so old... I learned to type on a Western Union
>teletype!)

All right, now I don't feel so bad. I've been indulging in a bit of
self-pity, having recently attained Jack Benny's venerable age, but
gee-whiz, *teletype*?

Trims? I've been doing mostly Cotehardies and houpps of late, not known for
their use of trims. But I'm working on a bunch of 12th Norman tunics
(commission and teaching my student useful things like shrinking a trim
around the back of a neckline and how to make bias from scraps) so I'll be
back into such silly things again. And empty toilet tissue rolls are
wonderful things!

'Lainie
- can't sleep- got a codb ib de nobe, and can't breve. *snif!*
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918