[Sca-cooks] Looking for suggestions...

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Feb 10 10:20:31 PST 2004

well, in period or out?
out of period.... but theoretically possible in period

if you can eat garlic, (i cannot) then this is a great recipe

chicken
garlic, peeled
onions, chopped
dash balsamic viniger, or wine as tastes dictate
butter or other fat
tartish apple  cubed into garlic sized peices (one per every two or three
people, depending)

cube your chicken into bite sized peices (not too small or they dry out) and
brown them
remove from pan
add more fat to the chicken pan
add the onions  and garlic and cook them until just tender
add the apple
put the chicken back in
cook until almost done,
add a dash of vinger or wine
(if using wine add it early enough to cook off the alchohol)
serve with salad.
(if leftovers happen (unlikely) you can sevre it AS a salad, by adding
Romaine.)

out of period...

do you have any blanched almonds, broccoli, and a  fruit? i made a really
good  dish once with
chicken thighs
one can of mandarin oranges, lightly drained
pinapple (canned, in this case)
broccoli and peas(frozen)
a touch of butter
slivered almonds

cook thighs part way, add the fruit,  add the butter,wait until the juices
start coming off, then add the veggies  STIR a lot

it was a case of not having anything else, and being snowed in.

Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...