[Sca-cooks] period foods and allergiesTests, Argan oil, What else??

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Wed Feb 11 07:25:40 PST 2004

i suppose i am just frustrated that at *most* of the feasts i go to, almost
all the dishes have garlic in them. which means i cannot eat them, which
means i end up not going to most feasts.
and people say i dont socialize enough in the SCA.. kinda hard to do if you
cant eat there!

but when i tried to gently point out to a local officer that it is difficult
when almost all the food items share a "common ingredient" and if you are
allergic to that ingredient you cant eat anything, i was told. firmly. that
garlic is an essential componant in most medieval food.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...