[Sca-cooks] garlic allergy

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 11 08:30:24 PST 2004

 When planning a feast, I make a spreadsheet with the names of the dishes,
in
which course they appear, the ingredients, and the quantities. I then sort
by ingredient. If something shows up too much, especially in the main
dishes, I rethink the menu.

Yup, my rule of thumb is: any single ingredient should not show up in more
than three dishes in an entire meal/feast.  Preferably in different courses.

4  A lot of people believe that everything is better with garlic. They're
right, of course, but some of us can't handle it.

Berelinde

And I would agree with that, but then I just ate some roasted veggies that
included garlic for breakfast, so I can't be used as a barometer on this
one. ;)  We have a lady in our kingdom that is allergic to garlic, so I am
aware of this one as well.  It is also important to note that all aliums can
have similar affects on the sensitive: garlic, onions, chives, scallions,
leeks, etc.

Christianna