[Sca-cooks] garlic allergy

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Feb 11 08:41:24 PST 2004

> Yup, my rule of thumb is: any single ingredient should not show up in more
> than three dishes in an entire meal/feast.  Preferably in different courses.

*giggle* as I said on our kingdom list, I discovered that no matter what I
did, most of the dishes in the feast I'm cooking in a week and a half have
cinnamon in them. If I want to be less authentic I can take it out, but
the autocrat wants as authentic as possible, so we opted to keep most of
the cinnamon in.

Garlic, however, isn't as common an ingredient, except that I'm doing
Thûmiyya, garlicky chicken and mukhallal...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"For so many years gentle has been equated with weakness, but it requires
more strength to be gentle, so it's the everyday encounters of life that I
think we've prepared children for and prepared them to be good to other
people and to consider other people." -- Bob Keeshan (Capt. Kangaroo)