[Sca-cooks] Totally OOP - Potatoes Question

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:47:32 PST 2004

Yours probably didn't boil quickly because of the type.  Baking potatoes
just don't like to boil.  New potatoes boil to mush, red skins are great for
boiling.

You can go several of the pointed out ways Juliana.  And you don't
necessarily have to boil the potatos, you can nuke em if you like.  Choose
the right potato though.  If you choose the Idaho bakers then nuking would
be the choice, cool slice or just stop at the nuking and haul to site.  I'd
probably go with either assembling and freezing or pre cook most of the way
and freezing, then defrost and warm till done on site.  If you use the red
potatoes you can leave the peel on for a little extra colour.
Olwen