[Sca-cooks] Totally OOP - Potatoes Question

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Feb 11 14:37:02 PST 2004

Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>
>>Also sprach Susan Fox-Davis:
>>
>>>If it were me, I would definitely slice and boil the potatoes
>>>first. The last time I did something like this, I somehow got
>>>stuck with potatoes that refused to soften until nearly double the
>>>usual boiling time.  Weird, huh?
>>

>>It was because you wanted it too much... ;-)
>>
>>Adamantius
>
>smarty party.  If life worked like that I'd have never been a
>pelican. oops, did I say that with my outside voice?   :-X
>
>Actually, I was cooking outdoors and it was a cold cold day.  Not
>particularly at a high elevation.  Maybe Olwen's right but they
>still did not cook well, really hard, not just waxy-firm.  Had to
>cancel that dish entirely.
>
>Selene

Actually, I'm harking back to my most recent blancmanger experience,
with the rice that wouldn't cook. I've concluded that I wanted too
much for it to cook. If I could have convinced it that I didn't want
it to cook, it would have cooked just fine.

Obviously, if it needs to boil, and you have a setup where it takes
longer to come to a boil, that would be one thing, but I'd accounted
for that. It boiled, but nothing happened. I wanted it too much. ;-)

Adamantius