[Sca-cooks] The eating of meat in America - Very OOP

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 22:30:12 PST 2004

>Just curious about people's opinions....
>
>Have people changed their meat eating habits since the mad cow scare lately?
>
>If you have given up meat, will you be going back to eating it any time
>soon?

I stopped eating beef (and shortly all other meat) in 1976 over the
DES scare, and don't expect to start again ever.

Ranvaig
(Diethylstilbestrol was a drug given to prevent miscarriage.. it
didn't, but it DID cause cancer when those babies grew up, and in
their children.  Including me and mine. In '76 it was still being fed
to cattle, I don't know if that's still true).
http://www.descancer.org/