[Sca-cooks] The eating of meat in America

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 04:43:45 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/11/2004 6:21:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
heleen at ptdprolog.net writes:

Just curious about people's opinions....

Have people changed their meat eating habits since the mad cow scare lately?

Yes, I eat more meat then I've ever in my life frankly. Wife put me on
Atkins, and while there are times I'd kill for some nice beans and cornbread, fact
is... I weigh less than I did in High School and frankly, have more energy.

We generally buy the stuff labeled as natural... which most of the time is
apparently pasture fed. Since I don't see them throwing ground beef into
pastures for the cattle I'd imagine that the Mad Cow risk is lessened.

::shrugs:: I guess you pick your death in the end... I COULD be eating grains
and veggies exclusively, and with my family background I'd weigh 300 pounds
and be a type II diabetic, or be hungry most of the time.

Under Atkins I eat lower carb veggies and meats, there's no sign of the type
II diabetes (which they were about ready to diagnose me with last year) and as
I said before, I feel great. AND every now and then I work in a treat... like
the aforementioned corn bread and beans.

I guess my point is this... I can eat meat and take a chance that the food
people didn't do their job right and I die, but I felt good while I'm here....
OR I can go back to the way I was eating before and die, feeling bad while I'm
here. Pretty obvious choice <G>.

Just my opinion

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke