[Sca-cooks] soda bread plate

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Feb 12 08:13:43 PST 2004

I haven't heard of using the corn meal.  That's weird.  The recipes I've
got all use flour, baking soda, a pinch of salt, and buttermilk.
Currants or raisins optional.  Caraway seed *not* optional! <blech!>
--maire, realizing that the whole time she was in Ireland she didn't
have soda bread *once*, although she had amazing East Indian food
*twice*! (curries....mmmmmm)