[Sca-cooks] The eating of meat in America

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 12 12:45:39 PST 2004

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 2/12/2004 7:50:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:
>I just heard a news story that Dr. Atkins died of
>heart problems due to being overweight.  They say
>he was about 280 when he died.  So Dr. Atkins
>couldn't keep on his own diet?  Ironic.
>I've been waiting for this.... Dr. Atkins died of hitting his head falling on
>an icy sidewalk. His heart condition, which partially inspired him to develop
>his diet, was the result of a virus infection.
>
>When he died, he had been in hospital for some time (unconscious BTW) and had
>been retaining water, almost all the additional weight was in fact retained
>water.
>
>Just setting the record straight.
>
>Corwyn

My aunt went to him once.  Said he was a real b*stard, would ridicule
patients into going "straight," words like "you're disgusting" were
mentioned.    The low-carb thing seems to work for me though.

I'm refusing to worry about the Mad Cow thing just yet.  If I removed
everything from my diet that was supposed to be bad for me, I'd have
nothing to eat at all.  Chalk it up to cynicism born of media overload.

Selene C.