[Sca-cooks] The eating of meat in America

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Feb 12 09:53:44 PST 2004

At 05:03 AM 2/12/2004, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/12/2004 7:50:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:
>I just heard a news story that Dr. Atkins died of
>heart problems due to being overweight.  They say
>he was about 280 when he died.

<snip>

>When he died, he had been in hospital for some time (unconscious BTW) and had
>been retaining water, almost all the additional weight was in fact retained
>water.
>
>Just setting the record straight.

Yup- found that on the Snopes site last night. However, I also read
somewhere (on the web, which is soooo known for accuracy) that the reason
he fell was that his wife was mad and was trying to run him over with her
car...

For what it's worth...

'Lainie
-not on Atkins.Dr said no.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918