[Sca-cooks] was mad cow... now brains

Ana Valdés agora at algonet.se
Fri Feb 13 06:34:06 PST 2004

Please, do anyone have recipes or stories about that kind of food? I am
now completing my longterm project about the cookbook I am writing,
about "cruel food". And I need recipes and tales about lambtesticles and
brains and all people in different cultural times has eaten.
My idea with the book is punctualize its not any "forbidden or
disgusting food", everything is eadible if you need or fancy doing that.
Have now  an enormous bibliography about these kind of alimentary taboos.
Ana

Pixel, Goddess and Queen wrote:

>My grandfather liked scrambled eggs and calves's brains. I don't know
>about pork brains. And we always made dumplings out of poultry livers, but
>beef livers got fried with onions. We loved liver dumplings (which then go
>into soup) but we hated the liver and onions. We had to eat it, but we
>were allowed as much ketchup as we wanted. :-)
>
>Margaret
>

>>Mmmm, scrambled brains and eggs.  It's been a few decades, but my
>>grandmother would do that for breakfast from time to time.  Back then she
>>could get pig brains at certain groceries in town.
>>
>>Very tasty.
>>
>>Mairi Ceilidh
>>

>>>Yup...when my grandparents butchered their animals in the late fall, my
>>>father would bring home a "mess" (yes, that's what they were called) of
>>>brains, which my mother, saint that she was, would cook them with eggs
>>>for him.  However, my memory tells me that it was pork brains rather
>>>than beef.
>>>
>>>Kiri

Skarpnäcks Allé 45
128 33 Skarpnäck