[Sca-cooks] soda bread with corn meal

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Fri Feb 13 07:03:35 PST 2004

no

--On Friday, February 13, 2004 10:01 AM -0800 Elaine Koogler
<ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> One thing that might sort this out a bit.  Once, a while back, when I was
> working on a recipe from Platina, it referred to "corn flour"...the
> translation wasn't great, but there the reference was.  I was told by
> someone on this list that Europeans often refer to all grains as "corn".
> I wonder if that could be the inference here.
no.... they specifically speak of the import of corn to alleviate the
problems of the current potato famine.   and the cross ref to maize.

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions