[Sca-cooks] Valentine's day

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 14 22:26:12 PST 2004

I'm so very sorry about your cousin.  I have lost both parents and a
step-parent to cancer, so I know how it is.  And my mother was
46....'way too young to die.  I've always regretted that my husband
never had the opportunity to meet her.

The Beef Birds Provencal were delightful...very, very rich.
Essentially, they were slices of rump roast wrapped around a filling
made with lean salt pork, herbs, beef trimmed from the slices, and
garlic.  After the rolls are browned in olive oil, chopped tomatoes,
onions, white wine and a bouquet garni are added, to create a kind of
stew.  The whole works is cooked for a little over an hour, then black
olives are added, and it cooks for another hour or so.  As I understand
it, it's a traditional/typical Provencal type dish.

If you want to talk about your loss, let me know.

Kiri