[Sca-cooks] Valentine's Dinner

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Sun Feb 15 13:01:12 PST 2004

> What did anyone else do for Valentine's Day?
>
> Kiri

We went to our Barony's biggest event this year (Ymir, for you Atlantians)
and then split directly after evening court b/c even though the cook was
quite good, it was our first wedding anniversary and so we wanted to do
something special.  So we went to a restaurant called the Cosmopolitan that
just opened up in Cary, for a four-course "Valentine's special" meal.  Was
quite good, actually - the salad wasn't that special, but the steak tartare
was yummy (it was the first time I had ever had it, and I was partially
inspired by our recent discussions) as was the veal "Oscar" served with lump
crab in bearnaise sauce and porcini mushroom risotto. Girard had an
assortment of game birds done in various asian styles - pheasant in lo mein
with shitae mushrooms, quail with chinese sausage stuffing, and roast duck
over... something I forget.  Dessert was also quite good - it was a sampler
including cheesecake and a "Baked Michigan", which was like a baked alaska,
except not - start with a rich chocolate cake, add a scoop of sour cherry
ice cream, then a layer of meringue, bake, then add a drizzel of
chocolate/kirsch syrup...it was fabulous.

Generys