[Sca-cooks] Partly OP: Brown vs. white rice?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 16 13:45:31 PST 2004

One might try the London Public Records Office (as the gentleman who wrote
this http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/munro5/SPICES1.htm did) or possibly
even try the Royal London Archives.  Shipping manifests (other than those in
the Archives of the Indies in Seville) might be a little hard to find.  Port
records, on the otherhand, especially those in England, should be fairly
plentiful.

There are also some excellent sources in various economic history papers,
but most of those aren't webbed and have to be located and ordered from
academic publishers.  Johnna might prove more useful than I in finding such
sources.

Bear

From: Daniel Myers <edouard at medievalcookery.com>