[Sca-cooks] Queen's Tea at Estrella

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Tue Feb 17 15:10:19 PST 2004

I'm in the same position as you, I had the last meatball. There were a
number of mini tarts that had looked good, but I was over directing folks
from the site in the gatebook (wrong site) to the correct site. By the time
I came in the Atenveldt Queen arrived and they opened the food. The line was
so long I sat and waited for it to clear before I got up to get food. The
children's play with True Thomas was adorable.

Cecily
> I was there, as a performer, and what I did eat was very good.  By the
time I
> got through the line, much was already gone.  But I did manage the
> next-to-the-last meatball (pomme dorryse?) and an egg salad sandwich on
pumpernickel
> bread.  It was my first taste of bread since the South Beach Diet began on
> December 26 and it was delicious!  Yum.  So was the meatball.  I also had
a taste of
> marzipan (my first!) and it was tasty as well.  I wanted an egg, looked
like
> a half of hard-boiled egg that had been pickled in balsamic vinegar (?).
My