[Sca-cooks] Pictures from my Illusion Feast

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 17 14:48:47 PST 2004

kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

> Those swans are wonderful.  I know you said they were papier mache, but can
> they be re-used?
> Christianna

Yes, we lined all the paper mache with heavy duty foil so they could be reused
(now it's just the storage issue that will prove tricky...).  They are actually
quite sturdy, when I said paper mache, it was a bit of a misnomer (same
process, different material) - we ended up using that plaster coated mesh stuff
(the stuff used to make casts for broken bones) available at art supply stores
in large rolls.  It took four big rolls to execute all the masks and food
covers!
Faerisa