[Sca-cooks] Pictures from my Illusion Feast

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 20 02:16:26 PST 2004

> Hi Faerisa.  I have a question or two about your redaction.  It seems that
> several of the items in the original recipe are absent from the redaction
> and I was wondering if you had tried the recipe adding them and didn't like
> it that way or what.  Some folks just don't like the taste of parsley.  In
> this case I would guess it would be the flat leaf parsley which is sweeter
> that the curly.  What happened to the radishes?  White (chinese) radishes
> are not bitter like the little red ones.  What type of pears did you use?
> There are so many that I get confused.  Why did you use mustard seed instead
> of Lombardy Mustard?  No currents?  Seems like they would add a nice touch.
> I could understand why not the saffron (expense, availability) but what
> about the Powder Douce?

Actally, it's not my redaction - we were lazy and used the one on the
Godecookery website :-)
I did notice that some of the items in the original were't there, but I was
trying to originally go for lighter colored items that would look more like crab
meat in a dark feast hall.  It still turned out really nice (considering we
rushed through it the week before...) but I would be curious to try it with all
the original ingredients at some point too, well before the next
feast...(procrastinate, me?).  I had actually overlooked the poudre douce -
that's what I get for rushing, I guess - thanks for pointing it out.

Faerisa