[Sca-cooks] A Noble Boke off Cookry - copy available

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 20 08:22:33 PST 2004

> hello, the list!
>
> I've had an e-mail from someone who found on my website the citation for
> Mrs Alexander Napier's 1882 reprint of the Noble Boke off Cookry.  She has
> a copy of this, i.e. the 1882 print, which she'd like to sell.  She has no
> idea how much it's worth, and, frankly, nor do I - I can find no copies
for
> sale online, presumably they're all being sat on by libraries.  The
> photocopy of this edition is in Cariadoc's collection, but if you'd like
an
> original, or if you can advise her on what the thing is actually worth,
> please do contact her!  e-mail below.
>
> JdH

Greetings,

If you search on abeBooks: http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/BookSearch for
Alexander Napier you will get 7 results of several different books, both by
Alexander and Mrs Alexander. They start at $12 for a 1900 book and go up to
$243 for a book with a bookplate from an identifiable historical figure.
None of these books are the one under discussion, but it may give her a
starting point.

I would reccomend to her that she go to a rare book store and discuss it
with them if she truly wants to know how much it is worth. I think she may
be a bit disappointed.

Glad Tidings,

--Serena da Riva