[Sca-cooks] A Noble Boke off Cookry - copy available

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Fri Feb 20 00:18:00 PST 2004

hello, the list!

I've had an e-mail from someone who found on my website the citation for
Mrs Alexander Napier's 1882 reprint of the Noble Boke off Cookry.  She has
a copy of this, i.e. the 1882 print, which she'd like to sell.  She has no
idea how much it's worth, and, frankly, nor do I - I can find no copies for
sale online, presumably they're all being sat on by libraries.  The
photocopy of this edition is in Cariadoc's collection, but if you'd like an
original, or if you can advise her on what the thing is actually worth,
please do contact her!  e-mail below.

JdH

>From: fran watson <daherlover at yahoo.com>
>Subject: A Noble Boke off Cookry for a.....
>To: melisant at iafrica.com
>
>Hi - I have a copy of this book reprinted from a manuscript in the Holkham
>Collection, and would like to sell it.  Can you assist me in finding out
>approximately how much it may be worth?  It is in fair condition,
>readable,  torn a bit on the spine, stained; however, since it is over 200
>years old...  I've had it for years but must sell.  Thanks.
>
>Fran Watson

Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Kingdom Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
We are modern people with egalitarian instincts deliberately creating a
society that combines feel-good communalism with hierarchical, exclusionary
elitism. It should not be surprising that it leads to the occasional
cognitive dissonance. (Tangwystl verch Morgan Glasvryn, Silverwing's Laws 90).