[Sca-cooks] Compost

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Feb 21 10:53:19 PST 2004

Also sprach ranvaig at columbus.rr.com:
>I have a question about compost.  What size do you cut the pieces of
>the various veggies?  I've been served it cut into fairly big
>slices, some of the recipes say to cut into chunks, some into cubes.
>
>I cleaned out the fridge and found carrots, parsnips, cabbage and
>pears... I'm gonna make a batch today.

I like it in about half-inch chunks. That's large enough for things
to be identifiable, but small enough to give you some of everything
in a spoonful (assuming it's well-mixed) without being homogeneous.

Adamantius (thinking of Branston Pickle, which this shouldn't be,
texturally, but it makes an interesting parallel)