[Sca-cooks] meat pasties and their longevity outside moderncooling systems

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Sun Feb 22 09:34:21 PST 2004

I dont know because it was not my barony, but I can find out.  The rest of
the meal was ok, nothing extraordinary, but the first course was good.  The
main entree was smoked turkey and ham with two kinds of rice, one with
shrooms and one without, but the sauces were the highlight as there were
three, none of which I cared for much because they were all sweet.  The
horseradish one was the best - for me. But the entire feast was well done.
The tables were set in a wide U with the base of the U widest and the two
sides shorter, and facing the base of the U was the head table with royalty,
etc.  The food came quickly with no extended waiting time between courses.
The portions were perfect with enough for seconds for everyone for all
courses.  There was entertainment while we ate with a court jester coming
around and stealing food from plates, and then some dancers doing some kind
of stick dance with a fellow playing both flute and drums si
Vicki

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom