[Sca-cooks] Medieval History Magazine (was meat pasties and their longevity)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 22 16:51:14 PST 2004

On 22 Feb 2004, at 15:52, Edouard de Bruyerecourt wrote:

> Actually, the store pies were not kept in a cooler. Quoting the
> article: "Three meat pies were purchased from the local service station and kept
> at room temperature in the paper bags in which they were purchased." (Elston,
> Del. "Pyes de Pares." _Medieval History Magazine_, February 2004, p. 16).

I took a look at the website of this magazine at:
http://www.medievalhistorymagazine.com/magazine.asp?var=1

I was very interested to see that the food column for March 2004 features two
recipes from de Nola (cazuela de salmon and otro potaje moderno).  Is this
issue out yet?  If so, can anyone tell me about this column?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net