[Sca-cooks] catching drippings

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 23 10:00:27 PST 2004

I wonder how the drippings get distributed over the whole pan of pastry
rather than pooling in the middle, where the chicken in hanging.  Maybe
we shouldn't pack down the qata'if shreds too firmly, so the juices can
run throughout the pan?

> Me, too. My nephew lived, it seems, for about the first 15 years of
> his life, on white bread, peanut butter, grilled cheese sandwiches,
> saltine crackers and fish sticks. Then he grew up.
>
> Adamantius, well aware of how confrontational that sounds

Naw. My little brother was the same way. Nothing with any kind of
"sauce," not even ketchup.  No Chinese, Italian or any kind of "foreign"
food.  No fish.No cheese.  Not even poultry until about age 10, the
early Thanksgivings were humiliating.  Pretty much only hotdogs, salami
and plain-ish breakfast cereals.  He really surprised us when, at age
40, he began eating stuff like pizza which he would never touch before.
 Some people take longer to "grow up" than others.  I think it was the
influence of his former girlfriend, I'm rather sorry he broke up with
her, I really liked this one.

One thing he's begun is to bring a new date a loaf of home-baked bread
instead of a bunch of flowers.  Nobody else seems to remember that the
way to a =woman's= heart is through the stomach too!

I'd be interested in Adamantius' pizza recipe, if he's giving.

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net