[Sca-cooks] Spices was licorice,

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 23 14:36:24 PST 2004

It's considered a spice because it is expensive and rare (like spices), but
technically it would be considered an herb - from the leaves and floral
parts of the plant.
Christianna

Given that I was taught (can't remember by whom....) that an herb is one
where we use the leaves, etc., and a spice is one where we use the
seeds, bark, nut, etc., I have always considered saffron a spice.

Kiri