[Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 20:55:58 PST 2004

> Also sprach Terry Decker:
> series
> >>
> >> Rosemary is a woody shrub and doesn't bear cones. :)
> >> -- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
> >
> > As I recall, rosemary isn't a woody shrub, its a herbaceous shrub,
> while
> > conifers tend to be woody and cone bearing.  Conifers and rosemary
> are both
> > evergreens,  but the conifers are gymnosperms while the rosemary is
> an
> > angiosperm.
> >
> > Bear
>
> All I know is, and this was my point, is that rosemary survives the
> winter in my area, has bark on its thicker stems, which are woody,
> rather than being green, juicy, and semi-fibrous, so by at least one
> definition of "herb", rosemary ain't one.
>
> Adamantius
See! I don't even have to ask the question to create a whole string of
messages.
Beware the Power of Stefan. :-)

Stefan
And yes, you ought to use the Florilegium search engine or search both
the spices and herb files when looking for  info on non-obvious spices
or herbs.
And I would not have thought to ask such a question...
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com