[Sca-cooks] Better than baba ganoush, but is it period?

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Fri Feb 27 11:24:08 PST 2004

what about yogurt?

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
vhsjvs at gis.net

www.omygoddess.biz
----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Fox-Davis" <selene at earthlink.net>
To: "Christiane" <christianetrue at earthlink.net>; "Cooks within the SCA"
<sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Better than baba ganoush, but is it period?

> Gianotta  wrote:
>
> >My husband and I went out last night to our favorite little Turkish
restaurant. The owners also operate a deli up the road where I get my
rosewater for cosmetics and cooking, my tahini, and great fresh bread and
fresh feta and other goodies. But I digress. I picked out as an appetizer
this cold dish comprising roasted eggplant, chopped coarsely and mixed with
parley, green pepper, bits of carrot, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and
olive oil. It was heaven spread on the hot bread with bits of onion, sesame,
and poppyseed that was brought to our table. And it was not bitter at all,
which is what I find most eggplant dishes to be

> >I didn't catch the name of the dish, but it definitely seems more of a
relation to tapenade. Turkish tapenade, if you will. I have vowed to track
down a recipe. Anyone have a recipe that's similar, but period? Are
tapenades period?