[Sca-cooks] Better than baba ganoush, but is it period?

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 13:13:09 PST 2004

There are also a lot of recipes that have small amounts of sugar that
don't actually *need* it, especially if you are using low acid tomatoes.
I never even heard of putting sugar in tomato sauce until my college
roommate did - and I didn't like it! She felt it smoothed it - I felt it
tasted funny (if she added enough that I thought it affected the taste
at all.) *G*  I've never liked sugar in savory dishes.

So, you might want to try it both ways... If I were making this, I'd
simply leave it out. Not because of a diet, but because I prefer it.

AEllin