[Sca-cooks] Better than baba ganoush, but is it period?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 17:47:53 PST 2004

On Feb 27, 2004, at 3:07 PM, david friedman wrote:

> Note that both of these have New World ingredients in them (green
> pepper and tomato)

Yes, I noticed that too, but it was what she asked for.  They look
yummy but I probably would not bring them to a Society event.

> My favorite period eggplant dip is Badinjan Muhassa (recipe in the
> Miscellany, webbed on my site), but it's noticeably different from
> these.

This looks like a related recipe, it's even served the same way on
bread.  The treatment of the walnuts looks different and interesting.
I won't make it for milord husband, he seems to have developed an
allergy to caraway seed of all things.  How inconvenient!

Bon Appetit always,
Selene Colfox